Image Map

Boston

16 April 2013

Today.

Today is one of those rare days that I have to calm my inner sarcastic smartass and leave my world of blissful unawareness.

Today is the day I woke up for the first time as a new mother after a tragedy.

Yesterday tragedy struck extremely close to home... too close.

Boston is a beautiful city....a city I spent many days and nights in. Boston had always been a getaway a for me. My closest friends all attended college in Boston, which made this city, at one point and time my second home.

As I'm sure you well know, at the Boston marathon yesterday two bombs went off near the finish line. Many were hurt and two lost their lives. My heart hurts for these innocent victims and their families... And I'm thankful and extremely grateful that no one i know personally was injured.

There are some sick,sick people in this world.

Human nature...mothers instinct... It's supposed to be there to tell you to protect your family... But how are you supposed to protect your family against causes you have no control over? How am I supposed to be ok with leaving my bug ANYWHERE if no where is safe nowadays? Everywhere I look there is a new massacre and a new place to feel unsafe. And as a new mom they all hit close to home.. But none closer than the sandy hook tragedy.

Children, innocent CHILDREN whose lives were taken at the hands of some effing psycho. And now innocent people watching and running a marathon. Fucking disgusting.

I'm one massacre away from picking up my family and shipping off to some remote island.

But I suppose I'll keep today's post short and sweet. My love and thoughts go out to the victims and their friends and families today. The Boston Marathon victims as well the victims of tragedies past.

No comments:

Post a Comment